Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Goodwill Mark Downs

If you think it is tacky to shop at Goodwill brace yourself, this will really throw you for a loop.  It is called the clearance rack and yes, most thrift stores have at least one of these.  As you can imagine, when a second hand store marks down their price, you can practically pay in quarters.

A few weeks ago I was on the hunt for a pair of cut off jean shorts.  I didn't have a pair of jeans on hand that I wanted to cut up so I decided the next best thing was to buy second hand so I found myself at our local Goodwill Store.  This particular store has a fantastic clearance area where they pull clothes and mark them 99 cents or $1.99.  I have noticed over the years that often the clothing  is new (Target is across the street and they seem to donate) and often full of cute things.  This trip did not disappoint!  I ended up not only finding a pair of jeans to cut for shorts, but came across a super cute pair of skinny jeans and a pair of Maurices capris.  To top that off they had brand new hoodies that were a really cute cut and fit.  My grand total at the register was $6 (3 pairs of jeans and 2 hoodies), original Goodwill price total $33.  Thanks Goodwill, for another awesome frugal find!!            

                                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment